The UK Government Covid-19 recovery Strategy unveils the governments strategy to “rebuild” the UK when the country exits lockdown.
There are three phases on the prime minister’s road map to easing the restrictions in England.
Below are some of the main points:
- people advised to wear face coverings for the first time when in enclosed spaces, such as on public transport or in some shops
- Permission given to meet one person from another household while out in public, and not in a garden
- Restrictions lifted on driving to different areas to exercise but not across borders to other UK nations
- Primary schools will have a phased re-opening. This will begin on 1 June, but the government hopes all primary pupils will return to school for a month before the summer holidays
- Professional sports could return behind closed doors no earlier than 1 June
- Hairdressers, barbers, pubs and other non-essential hospitality businesses will not be able to reopen until at least 4 July
Further guidelines in relation to workplaces are due to be published.