Price transparency is important to ensure our clients have the information they need in relation to fees.
Our costs information will include:
- the total cost of the service or, where not practicable, the average cost or range of costs;
- the basis for your charges, including any hourly rates or fixed fees;
- the experience and qualifications of anyone carrying out the work, and of their supervisors;
- a description of, and the cost of, any likely disbursements, and where the actual cost of a disbursement is not known, the average cost or range of costs;
- whether any fees or disbursements attract VAT and if so the amount of VAT they attract;
- details of what services are included in the price displayed, including the key stages of the matter and likely timescales for each stage, and details of any services that might reasonably be expected to be included in the price displayed but are not; and
- Where conditional fee or damages based agreements apply, the circumstances in which clients may have to make any payments themselves for our services (including from any damages).
A copy of the SRA’s Transparency Rules can be found here: SRA | Transparency Rules | Solicitors Regulation Authority