Home owners choose to remortgage for a number of reasons whether it is to release equity, to change lenders or to remove one party from a joint mortgage. Whatever your reason, you need to appoint a solicitor that you trust to deal with the legal aspects.
Our Role & What We Do
We act on your behalf in relation to the remortgage and also on behalf of your new lender. You will be assigned a dedicated fee earner who will be responsible for making sure your remortgage completes in an efficient and timely manner.
As solicitors we are responsible for the following:
- Obtaining title documents for your property from Land Registry and checking the title.
- Requesting an environmental search and reporting to you and your lender (if applicable) on the results.
- Obtaining a redemption statement from your existing lender and forwarding the same to you for review.
- Arranging for the mortgage deed for your new lender to be executed.
- Reviewing all documentation and setting your file up for completion.
- Redeeming your existing mortgage on completion and forwarding any surplus funds to you (if applicable).
- Attending to registration of your new mortgage at Land Registry.
- Forwarding all necessary deeds and documents to you upon completion of registration at Land Registry.
The timescales for a remortgage vary on a case by case basis but if you have an offer in principle ready from your new lender when we are instructed and there are no issues with the title to your property then completion usually takes place between 2-4 weeks from formal instruction.
We offer a fixed fee service for remortgage starting from £250.00 plus VAT. Contact us today on 0151 480 5777 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.