Many people believe that domestic abuse is only physical violence, where you have bruises or scars to show that you are a victim. However, domestic abuse takes many forms including not only physical but also emotional and financial abuse.
There are numerous options available to you and these can be discussed with you, to ensure that the best option is taken in your circumstances. Legal aid may also be available to you depending upon your financial circumstances, we are able to assess you over the phone to see if you may be entitled.
We hold drop ins at the following places on the dates below. The drop ins are available for all who need family law advice, including victims of domestic abuse. Your safety is paramount.
- The Brink, Parr Street, Liverpool City Centre – upcoming dates:
- 14th, 28th November 2017 , 1pm until 2pm.
- 12th December 2017, 1pm until 2pm.
- 9th, 23rd January 2017, 1pm until 2pm.
- Knowsley Domestic Violence Support Centre, Huyton on 24th November and 8th December 2017.
If you are a victim and need help and cannot attend the above free drop ins, please contact us on 0151 480 5777 and we will do all that we can to assist you.
If you have a friend or family member that you believe to be a victim, the below website is an excellent way for you to learn what support they need.
Call us on: 0151 480 5777
Tweet us: @levinslaw